Guwahati: The Assam Cabinet has taken some key decisions in the weekly meeting chaired by Assam Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma. One of the major decisions taken was the setting up of Pension Seva Kendras in the district offices of the Education Department to serve the cases of other government department employees.
Further, the Assam government also approved the appointment of Olympic boxer Lovlina Borgohain as Deputy Superintendent of Police on probation.
The key decisions taken by the Assam Cabinet are as under:
- Kritagyata Portal to be the front-end for processing all pension cases and for matters related to pay fixation.
- Pension Seva Kendras to be set up by AMTRON in district offices of Education Department with installed facilities like scanners, etc.
- Pension Seva Kendras to be set up by AMTRON for cases of other Government Department employees.
- District offices and HoDs like Principals of colleges to be authorized as respective District Authorities for sending pension papers through Kritagyata portal.
- All district authorities/HoDs/competent authorities to start processing pension proposals within one year of retirement
- Notification to be issued for simplification of procedures for commutation within one year of retirement.
- Rupees 508.60 crore loan to be raised by Government of Assam from NABARD for projects sanctioned under RIDF-XXVII. Loan amount to be repaid within seven years with a moratorium of two years at 2.75 per cent interest.
- Rupees 160 crore working capital to Assam Food and Civil Supplies Corporation Limited for procuring paddy from State’s farmer by providing them minimum support price of Rupees 1,940 per quintal.
- Orundoi Scheme exempted from the purview of concurrence from October 2021 onwards.
- Approval to ordinance for amending The Deuri Autonomous Council Act, 2005 to increase the number of seats from 20 to 26, whereby 22 members will be elected and four nominated by the government to give representation to areas/groups/communities not represented in the Council.
- Two katha lands for Mising Language and Cultural Research Centre, Gogamukh, Dhemaji set up in 2005 for promotion and preservation of Mising language and culture.
- Two katha, 10 lessa land for Barpeta Zila Mahila Samity, a non-profit organization, for welfare of women and children.
- Prescribed uniform to frontline staff of Assam Forest Department from the level of Forest Guard/Game Watcher to Deputy Ranger/Game Keeper and fixed pay workers in all wings.
- Atleast two pairs of uniform and other absolutely required items like hunting shoes, woolen jersey, raincoat, cap, etc., to be provided each frontline staff every year.
This was informed by Assam CM Himanta Biswa Sarma on his official Twitter handle. The tweet read, “To streamline pension procedures, we took some major decisions at #AssamCabinet today. Further, we’ve also cleared appointment of @LovlinaBorgohai as DySP and decided to raise loan from NABARD for infra projects and amend Deuri Council Act, among others.”
To streamline pension procedures, we took some major decisions at #AssamCabinet today. Further, we’ve also cleared appointment of @LovlinaBorgohai as DySP and decided to raise loan from NABARD for infra projects and amend Deuri Council Act, among others.